Why this name? Because I like Physics, I like Math, and I am a fan of 007 James Bond stories.
I am a career teacher, I taught at “Emil Racovita” National College in Cluj-Romania for 2 years; 12 years at Hillsborough High School in Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA; 3 years at The Hun School of Princeton, NJ, USA; 2 years at the German European School in Manila, The Philippines. Currently at the German European School Singapore in Singapore. My CV.
I became interested in the branding of Physics and Mathematics, because, during interviews with school recruiters, they all demand specific experience-IGCSE, AP, IB, … all those fancy labels. Why? The laws of nature for physics/mathematics are universal. What is so specific, so important that could turn teachers down?
There are many physics curricula in various secondary schools systems (high school, upper school, Year/Grade 9 to 12, Form III to VI, … in general age 14-18 years old students) taught around the world.
- At the lower grades 6-7-8, there is MYP Science, KS-3, Integrated Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics). Or just simply General Science …
- Introductory Physics, First Year Physics, College Prep (CP), Honors/Enriched (for middle school honors students track)
- IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education), for 14-16 years old, Cambridge or edexcel (typically in the UK, Commonwealth Countries, and many international schools), also known as KS-4
- AP (Advance Placement) developed by College Board (primarily in the USA and also in international schools) with 4 different courses: AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Physics C (Calculus-based): Mechanics and AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
- IB (International Baccalaureate) developed by IBO, with two different course SL (Standard Level) and HL (High Level)
- A/AS-level Physics, developed in the UK, and used in many British schools around the world, in Commonwealth countries, also known as KS-5
Similar goes for the mathematics curricula.
- Middle School Math
- Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry and Trigonometry, Math Analysis, Pre-calculus
- AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC
- IBDP Math HL, IBDP Math SL, IBDP Math Studies … until 2019. They will be replaced by IB Math Analysis and Approaches MAA-SL/HL, and IB Math Applications and Interpretations MAI-SL/HL
- IBMYP Mathematics, standard and extended
- IGCSE Mathematics
- AS and A-level Mathematics
Click on the links to find out more … (this is a work in progress …)